Contains table salt glass
Which salt would you like?
Simple table salt or would you prefer an exclusive sea salt? And what about the much-cited healing power of the Himalayan salt?
Questionable healing effect
Various positive healing properties are attributed to the so-called Himalayan salt. If you rely only on science, however, this salt also consists of about 98 percent sodium chloride. The remaining two percent contain other substances - according to the distributors of the salt, it should be up to “84 elements”. In fact, many of these elements cannot be analytically proven at all - let alone can they even remotely make a noteworthy contribution to the daily requirement of minerals etc. Since the salt is usually not washed out, it comes onto the market in its typical reddish color.
As a health disadvantage of the Himalayan salt, the Swiss Society for Nutrition points out that it is neither iodized nor fluorinated. It was only thanks to the iodination of table salt that iodine deficiency diseases such as goiter and cretinism were practically eradicated in Switzerland. Fluorine, in turn, is important for the bones and teeth. Since the average salt intake of the Swiss population is already too high, an additional intake of Himalayan salt is not harmless to health.
And the sea salt?
Sea salt is also no healthier than table salt. Like table salt, sea salt consists of sodium and chloride (NaCl). The proportion of other minerals in sea salt is negligible. Therefore, from a nutritional point of view, this does not offer any advantages over conventional table salt. From a health point of view, it is advisable to use an iodized and fluoridated table salt.
Author and editing: Didier Buchmann
- Are Bajaj motors worth buying
- What can help me to learn better
- Is Grinnell College a well known college
- Make-up looks good on everyone
- What is the scope of B Pharma
- How could JIRA be improved?
- In which languages do grammatical genders disappear
- How does an ASCII selfie website work
- How do rescue workers feel about police officers
- How can I improve Art of Memory
- Why are Ebola outbreaks getting bigger?
- How to make money with CPAGrip com
- Why does dark chocolate look gray
- Why are ghost peppers considered dangerous
- Who was Jack Daniel
- Do cells have a soul?
- Himalayan baby products contain mineral oil
- How do educational goals affect educational policy?
- What is BOT of course
- What are Sinarest tablets used for?
- What are the real use cases of Ethereum
- Which are the must-read Hindi novels
- How much auto insurance is enough
- Can fuel cells produce oxygen