What are Kamala Harris' chances for 2020
Joe Biden and Kamala Harris - A New Opportunity for Transatlantic Dialogue
The USA has drawn Trump politics for four years. The massive division in society, the rejection of parliamentary and democratic rules and Twitter politics with false reports and untruths have shaken the oldest democracy in the world.
Two weeks ago we all saw it: Trump's inflammatory policies culminated in a storm on the Capitol in Washington. An angry mob, incited by the president, who has denied the election result to this day, gained access to the parliament building. A dead police officer, injured employees and a badly damaged democracy are the result, but much more the result of the politics of Donald Trump, a president who has made selfishness, exclusion and hatred his political instruments.
In the past four years America has left the world political stage more and more. The exit from the Paris Climate Agreement or the World Health Organization in the middle of a global health crisis were, in my opinion, fatal wrong decisions.
In the last four years we have seen where it leads when dialogue and the striving for justice and a global society based on solidarity are trampled underfoot. Because Donald Trump did not allow any contradiction, he did not listen to verifiable facts and played people and nations off against each other, all under the working title "America first". And yet he has only harmed his country.
I am a member of the German-American parliamentary group here in the state parliament of North Rhine-Westphalia. This is one of the reasons why the pictures from the USA have particularly shocked me in the last few months.
Interest in the transatlantic dialogue
In 2019 I traveled with the parliamentary group to Minnesota, USA, among other places, where I also exchanged ideas with representatives from the University of Minnesota. I noticed that the Americans are very interested in a transatlantic dialogue and exchange. In particular, the topics of renewable energies and the German dual training system were of great interest on site. Despite the opposite policy from Washington, the talks were always open, on an equal footing and constructive. I very much hope that American politicians will commit to exactly this exchange again from January 20, 2021.
But there is also a lot for Joe Biden and Kamala Harris to do in the country itself. The new duo at the top of the USA must also focus on the conflicts within their own society. Because it is deeply divided. The black population in particular suffered from President Trump. Then there are the unequal educational opportunities in America. The education system is unfair and academic success is highly budget-dependent. In addition, there is a weak infrastructure across the country, which puts the poor in particular at a disadvantage. These are all tasks that Joe Biden and Kamala Harris will face over the next few years.
For the SPD parliamentary group in the state parliament of North Rhine-Westphalia, one thing is clear: a policy of division à la Trump is doomed to failure. Together with the United States of America, we want to show how things can be done differently in the years to come. For an open society that offers opportunities for everyone and is dedicated to global tasks together. I'm sure that with Joe Biden and Kamala Harris it will be possible again.
- How does love grow
- Which are better white or brown eggs
- Kit Harington and Emilia Clarke are out
- What makes morality last
- I still have ADHD
- Why is Sikkim the best tourist place
- Does love really come together through something?
- Which is healthier canned vegetables or fresh
- Damages the preparation of a piano it
- What screams i'm a nice person
- What are some examples of dipthongs
- What is the basis of the truth
- Can HRT help you lose weight
- Can the blind buy guns in America?
- How is Welingkar Mumbai
- What are Gibbs 50 rules in NCIS
- How does YouTube automatically adjust the video quality
- Which song has not aged well
- What are the basics of communication technology
- What is the advantage of event-driven programming
- What are some common human behavioral biases
- How do rescue workers feel about police officers
- Which US president had the worst temper?
- Men wear compression gaiters
- Why is cocoa from Ghana famous
- What does this chess score mean
- Can dogs hear bats ultrasound
- What is the responsibility of a sales manager
- How has space exploration changed the world
- What are rare earth elements
- Why are many companies turning to procurement
- Who is the least educated DC character
- Ford EcoSport has Apple CarPlay
- Which 3 numbers are equal to 7