Excel is free if you have Windows
Get Microsoft Excel for free
Microsoft's Excel has been the leading spreadsheet software for more than 30 years. You don't necessarily have to pay for the program.
A Microsoft 365 subscription makes perfect sense in the corporate world. It may not be right for you. You can use MicrosoftExcel completely legally but also free of charge.
Option 1 - web version
Microsoft Excel and other important Office programs can be accessed free of charge over the Internet, and all you need is a Microsoft account. Go to Office.com and create an account, or sign in to an account you already have.
As soon as you are logged into your Microsoft account on office.com, you will see a welcome screen and either on the left or at the top a bar with the available apps, from Excel, Word and Powerpoint to Outlook and Skype.
These are all web apps, which means that they are applications that you use online without installing them on your computer. If you work on a file here, it will be saved on Onedrive, Microsoft's cloud storage service.
In fact, you probably owe it to Google for making the software available in the form of a web application, as the free text and spreadsheet software and its integration with Google Drive made it difficult for Microsoft to keep charging users.
The web version of Excel is a stripped-down version of the software, so comparing it to Google Docs is more reasonable than the full desktop program. Nonetheless, both services should offer everything a normal user could want.
Option 2 - use on the smartphone
Maybe in response to Google again: Microsoft's mobile Office applications are completely free and available on modern mobile devices. You can download the Microsoft Excel for Android and iOS. Although Microsoft understandably reserved some premium features for its 365 subscription, the mobile apps are still extremely powerful and the perfect option if you want to be productive on the go.
Option 3 - Get the full version
Of course, if only the full version of Excel is enough for your needs, then you need to subscribe to Microsoft 365. Like Adobe, Microsoft prefers that you pay a regular fee to access its software rather than buying it directly.
On the positive side, it will give you regular updates, which should ensure that the software is more secure than a big annual release.
Buy Microsoft 365 from Microsoft
This post was first published by our English colleagues on techadvisor.co.uk
- Which fish starts with the letter W.
- Why don't white walkers reproduce sexually
- How can we fly without a wing
- Educational slogans for everyone
- Raavan is great
- Is it worth learning Angular 2016
- How do you make a billion dollars
- What is gene silencing
- Who makes planes
- Can content marketing help a local business
- MetLife Auto Insurance covers rental cars
- Is OneCoin fake 1
- Why is the world full of fools
- What are the properties of lubricating oil
- How did Chile come to Easter Island
- What does ISIS think of Pakistan?
- What reminds you to relax
- How do I succeed in trauma surgery?
- Is this paragraph a good meal
- What makes someone physically unattractive to you
- Which was the first IoT device built
- Replace tablets computers
- Why are tags used in Git
- To what extent does drinking promote creativity
- Which country sees the most on YouTube
- Tobacco has modern medicinal uses
- How does dopamine signaling affect glutamate release?
- What are the basics of table tennis
- It is brown in the visible light spectrum
- What is the function of a car
- Sociology, what is meant by economic capital
- How do I poop efficiently
- Where does Kaytranada hang in Montreal
- How can depression lead to debilitating loneliness