What is the best example of ammensalism
Basic question about symbiosis (or types of symbiosis)
I see there is some confusion about the meaning of symbiosis itself [regarding the comments and responses].
Your question / request for information about " some kind of symbiosis "that harms one organism without affecting the other in any way is very legitimate.
Amensalism (as answered by Sanjukta) is indeed the answer, but to say that "No. There does not seem to be an intimate association (symbiosis) that does not benefit any partner" , suggests that amensalism is not a symbiosis (which is not true).
Amensalism is just one of the types of symbiotic associations (symbiosis is nothing more than "coexistence" of two / more organisms - which may or may not benefit / harm one or both or neither of the parties involved in the association).
It should be noted that the symbiotic relationship is based on the members of two different species (i.e. two populations) relates, who are involved in an interaction, and that the interaction can be of any kind (amensalism is just another symbiotic association).
Edit: By studying the etymology of the word symbiosis, one should be able to decipher the meaning of symbiosis:
One can support the argument using the latest update of the Encyclopedia of Evolutionary Biology (Amensalism = Symbiosis) and cite the classic example of a walnut tree (which tends to kill or inhibit the growth of shrubs growing around its roots). Their growth is stunted, but their niche remains the same. More importantly, the honeybee-wasp relationship (long term) is best suited for symbiotic ammensalism.
So reciprocity, commensalism, amensalism are all symbiotic relationships.
Miami College of Arts and Sciences, Department of Biotechnology Lecture Notes
Wiki link on biological interactions
JALO - JusAnotherLivngOrganism
JALO - JusAnotherLivngOrganism
- Should I learn programming at this age
- How much faster is the Acela Express
- To what extent does drinking promote creativity
- Are teachers really interested in self-plagiarism?
- Is Belteshazzar a satanic name
- Why and by whom was SAARC founded
- What are some great Spanish jazz artists
- Are picnics illegal in public parks?
- How do you make great videos
- What does the Bible say about trust
- Is dancing hard
- What's good about macadamia nuts
- What is the fastest thrown ball speed
- It's really that hard to go on
- What are Kamala Harris' chances for 2020
- What are the negative effects of acidic
- Is education the best tool against biological weapons?
- Are acids and bases in every liquid
- How will Tesla fail
- What do astrophysicists think of astrology?
- What is the market share of maltodextrin
- How is the failure rate of new business calculated
- What helps us in our everyday life
- How to root Xiaomi Redmi 4A
- What was on NBC tonight
- Marijuana improves the thought process
- Marriage or children come first
- How to write in Hindi
- Macklemore is a technically good rapper
- How are the posts from Instagram private accounts displayed
- What is the origin of the word drunk
- How can police dogs smell money
- What is crypto punk
- Why am I so irritable after school?