What's your favorite Leonard Cohen song
Ripple & Murmur's favorite songs
Anna Ahnlund and Andreas Tengblad are not only the composers and musicians of our current show UNDERART, but also the minds behind the Swedish indie pop duo Ripple & Murmur. The two have been on stage together since 2008 and enchant with gorgeous melodies, grandiose voices and a rather unconventional hodgepodge of instruments. Analog synthesizers and haunting theremin sounds are superimposed on hard beats, samples and intertwined harmonies and create an overwhelming sound spectrum between dream and reality.
It quickly becomes clear that music has always played a major role in her life. Both are proficient in several instruments and love to play with new worlds of sound. An openness and a willingness to experiment which, together with a certain tendency towards the unusual, can easily be found in her compositions.
"For me, music is a very own, idiosyncratic world of its own," says Andreas. “There are so many songs, composers and bands that are important to me and that inspire or have inspired me and my work. Nevertheless, I cannot assign songs or compositions to specific moments or events from my everyday life. But when I encounter really great music, then that is a feeling that remains, that I take with me and that will be reflected in all of my actions. "
We asked Anna and Andreas about their musical influences and inspirations and the result was two very different top 5 lists that are at least as unique as the two themselves.
Andreas's Top 5 Favorite Songs of the Moment:
- by Grizzly Bear. A great cover of a great song by the classic 60s girl group The Crystals.
- by Tinariwen, a fantastic band of musicians from the Tuareg tribe from the Sahara region. The band has been on stage since 1979 and will release a new album in February. I love that Sahara blues feeling!
- by Taraf De Haïdouks. This Romanian super group is one of my all-time favorite bands.
- I'm a huge Tolkien fan and the instrumental, Lord of the Rings inspired music by Bo Hansson from the 70s will stay with me forever and ever. Here is my favorite song: Den Gamla Skogen (The Old Forest).
- British electronic artist Rival Consoles creates absolutely haunting, great tracks. Highly recommended:
Anna’s top 5 favorite songs of all time:
- When I was 14 years old, I listened to Nirvana's “Unplugged in New York” several times a day for at least a year. Even today I still love the reduced, sweeping sound and harmonies, especially in .
- by Pink Floyd. I love the sound of the early Pink Floyd, especially their debut album "The Piper at the Gates of Dawn".
- by Leonard Cohen. I came across Leonard Cohen's music relatively late, but when I was 28, it was Cohen's "The Stranger Song" that got me into playing the guitar.
- by Joni Mitchell. As a teenager, I listened to “The Cranberries” a lot. When my father heard her music, he thought of another artist and then played me Joni Mitchell's “Blue”. I was completely thrilled! Now “Hejira” is one of my favorite Joni albums.
- by Paul Simon. When it comes to artists who have accompanied me all my life, Paul Simon should definitely not be missing. Simon & Garfunkel in particular have inspired me and also greatly influenced the way Andreas and I sing together.
The concert of Ripple & Murmur will take place on January 22nd after the regular UNDERART performance. Tickets are available here. If you want to hear more of Anna's favorite songs, you can check out her Spotify playlist “Jag föll för låten” (I fell for the song) here.
- What does the certification of a document do?
- What does search engine optimization do
- What are the most popular iPhone blogs
- What is the square root of 780
- What can you learn from improvisation
- How would reward and punishment motivate you?
- Is there a culture that worships spirits
- Final Fantasy XIV is free
- Is connectbud com reliable
- What are the fitness equipment
- What is a Fehling's reaction
- Are trees a reliable carbon sink 1
- Why did you buy a weighted blanket
- Why does RAM temporarily store data 1
- Why was Hemingway called Papa
- What is multichannel audio
- Did Sherlock Holmes do drugs
- What language are Chrome extensions written in
- What is your experience with AppDirect
- How bad is it really going to be
- Should I see a doctor after fainting?
- What is the best medicine for dysmenorrhea
- Why is cocoa from Ghana famous
- What technologies are behind Zendesk
- Why are people afraid of germs
- How do koalas feed
- The German language is growing in 2017
- Is Liam Fox gay?
- Rudolf Steiner was a good man
- Why do video games make you lazy
- Can nootropics increase working memory
- Nothing is made of subatomic particles
- What is tricot fabric
- Experience Apple iPhone speaking