What are the important terms of SEO
The most important terms briefly explained: SEO glossary
General26. February 2016
Whenever there is talk of search engine optimization - and in Germany this means Google optimization due to the market situation - topic-specific terms appear. Even if we don't hide behind these SEO terms or want to pretend that they are particularly well-read, they are unintentionally thrown in again and again. So it is time to dispel a few myths surrounding "tendrils".
In the future, we will collect the explanations of some terms in this glossary and will expand or shorten them as it makes sense. Some basics will certainly always remain the same, other topics will be added. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us; topics from customer concerns may also be included in our collection of terms.
- The term "backlink" means something like "back link". In this context, one also speaks of links which, when activated, leave a website and lead to another website. Many search engines use the number of backlinks to a website as a measure of its “importance” (relevance). The more backlinks from other pages refer to your own page, the higher the potential relevance of your own page. However, it is not just the quantity that matters, but above all the quality of the linked pages.
- Google hits:
- The hit, also known as the Google “snippet” or SERP snippet, is the preview of a page that Google displays as a search result. The basic preview consists of a heading (usually the title of a page, max. 70 characters), a URL and two lines of text (usually the description of a page, if available; max. 156 characters). In addition, optional extensions such as sitelinks (links to sub-pages), Google +1 information, ratings, etc. can appear in the hit. Parts of it can be maintained as a rich snippet on your own page.
- Keywords are any individual terms or word combinations that an Internet user enters into a search engine in order to get the information they want. The search engines then suggest those pages to the user on which these keywords (key terms) can be found. Each page of a website should ideally be optimized for one to a maximum of two keywords (or combinations).
- More specific combinations of terms are also known as long-tail keywords. The idea behind page optimization based on long-tail keywords is that the main terms most searched for are, on the one hand, very competitive and, on the other hand, the intention of the searcher is not yet entirely clear ("insurance" vs. "take out moped insurance online") .
- Meta description:
- The meta description provides search engines with a summary of what a page is about. In most search engines, the description appears as text below the heading (title) in the search results. The description tag must not be longer than 200 characters, otherwise it will be shortened - 156 characters are ideal (number of characters in the Google hit display).
- Onpage SEO vs. Offpage SEO:
- Search engine optimization is divided into two areas: on-page and off-page optimization. OnPage optimization means that your own website is edited and adapted. This includes the optimization of the page content, technical aspects and the internal link structure. Off-page optimization, on the other hand, refers to all measures outside of the website and deals with linking through other websites.
- In front of the Aküfi1 Seologists are not immune either, SERP stands for search engine result page, i.e. simply the result pages that search engines deliver.
- Visibility index (general):
- This index value of the SISTRIX tool used describes the visibility of an entire domain in the Google search results. It is based on the domain's top 100 rankings for a “representative” keyword set. However, this keyword set consists of a mixture of hundreds of thousands of global terms from all subject areas. In this respect, it should be treated with caution - this value is often low, especially for niche or regional or topic-restricted sites, while sites like Spiegel Online, which offer content for almost every keyword, achieve the highest values. Basically, the index starts at 0 and is open at the top.
- Visibility index (insurance):
- For the reason described above, the OEV has created its own insurance-relevant visibility index, which relates to a set of 67 selected keywords for insurance products. (In special cases, other keyword phrases are used. In the case of ÖRAG, they relate to legal protection products, in the case of UKV, to health insurance and, in the case of URV, to travel insurance products.)
- Search volume:
- The search volume or traffic is a relative value that describes the frequency with which a keyword is searched for in Google. The “Sistrix” tool used by the OEV calculates a percentage value that classifies the search volume relevance between 0 (no search volume) and 100 (maximum search volume).
- A visitor sees the content of the "Title" tag in the header of his browser and, on most search engines, as a heading for the display of search results. The title or title tag of a website is very much included in the evaluation by search engines, which is why the most important keyword (s) for the respective page should be included in the title.
1. Abbreviation craze
- Toll roads are a good idea
- The people of Israel celebrate Valentine's Day
- Which picture influenced you the most
- How will GDPR trainings prepare your employees
- What hours does a nurse do
- What is a good slow dance position
- What is ninja's favorite game
- Does a sociopath ever tell the truth
- How can we be real people
- Which version of Visual Studio is free
- How does the stomach work in humans
- Can someone legally photograph intimate food
- Does family history affect life insurance premiums
- What are the best local event applications
- Why is Google stopping YouTube games
- Who is adding a new account for WhatsApp
- What is 40 out of 80
- What is Russia's strategy with regard to Afghanistan?
- Who is the K Pop group BTS
- Should I eat chickpeas before training?
- Is there an online site like FriendFeed
- Are the NEET and JEE everything
- Why do batteries discharge
- What options are there to create content?