What documents have you enclosed?
Avoid these 10 embarrassing correspondence phrases in your letters
How would you like your company to appear to the outside world? Old-fashioned, dusty and sedate? Or rather innovative, dynamic and trustworthy? If you believe that the final characteristics correspond to the desired corporate identity, then all external communication should meet these requirements and be free of empty correspondence. Since you are also communicating externally with your correspondence, check whether your letters are sufficient.
The secretaries manual She has put together the ten most frequently used correspondence phrases that we discover again and again in letters. I've picked out a few of them for you. If you also want to see the other correspondence phrases at a glance, click here ... We hope that you will only recognize a few phrases.
Correspondence phrase 1. "Please find attached"
What I mean is that the sender sent something along. Then why doesn't he say it? Instead of speaking in plain language, he gives the recipient to understand that the attached goods are hidden in the (green) area and "the same" now has to go looking for it.
The secretaries manual recommends:
- As promised, I sent you the prospectus.
- The enclosed documents will inform you about ...
- You receive ...
Correspondence phrase 2. "You will receive attached"
"We'll send it to you" is another phrase that makes you wonder: What does that mean? Who is attached? The documents? Hardly likely. Because if we take a closer look at these two sentences, we quickly discover that we are dealing with grammatical nonsense. The word "attached" refers to "you". And so the recipient is in the envelope. It should read correctly: "You will receive the attached documents."
The secretaries manual recommends: Keep your hands off everything that is "added", because with these phrases you will bore your recipients from the start.
Better to write:
- Today you will receive information material about ...
Correspondence phrase 3. "In the above matter"
How much does the matter face? And "matter" - isn't that too plain to put into a relationship with your customer?
The secretaries manual recommends: Delete this and similar phrases without substitution. Just say what it's about. Surely it is obvious that what you write in your letters relates to "the above matter" - what else?
Correspondence phrases 4 and 5 can be found here ...
Correspondence phrase 6. "For your kind understanding we are sending you today"
You wouldn't talk like that, would you? Then don't write it either. What kind of formulation is it, "kindly acknowledgment"? And why do you "send" instead of "send" or "send". And it would be better if you wrote "you will receive" instead of "we send."
The secretaries manual recommends:
- You will receive our current brochure today.
- You will receive a copy of the letter for your records today.
Correspondence phrase 7. "We remain polite for today"
Where and how are you staying exactly? And do you consider yourself polite? How pushy! This correspondence phrase couldn't be more dusty and old-fashioned. Please end your letter with a period and do not include the greeting. This sentence only exists because you often think you have to write something. But that's not true.
The secretaries manual recommends: End your letter with a friendly sentence that has nothing to do with "remaining". This sentence is very individual and can be:
- If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to give us a call.
- Call us if you have any questions.
You can request the correspondence phrases 8 to 10 here - together with this surprise - free of charge ...
- What does Boris Johnson stand for?
- Why is table salt important
- What are the requirements to become a POTUS
- How do I fix this WiFi problem
- Why does KRK make every Bollywood film bad
- How are the teachers in DPS Newtown
- Is the web services API protected by copyright
- Are you a BDSM role player
- Who's the strangest person you've dated?
- What was Elon Musk's SAT score
- Which is more neurotoxic MDMA or amphetamine
- What is Cisco IOS XR
- Is bacteria organic
- What is housing association management software
- How is computer engineering at LPU
- What is Nelly's fortune
- Should the height be higher than the bass
- Reading free e-books is stealing
- Is uniformly mandatory in IIT
- What does number 11037 mean
- What is your most controversial theological belief
- What are mosquito nets treated with?
- Paneer is good for weight gain
- What do you mean by bird's eye view
- Who is Jimia
- Which website offers free VPN service
- How does a navigation system work
- Do I need help with writing a paper
- Agricultural growth in India is negative
- How can I buy Ethereum in the UAE
- Which metal has more advantages
- Should Groenland be independent
- What programming language does the brain use
- How do banks classify credit card holders