How has space exploration changed the world
Space exploration and exploration
Up-close exploration: orbiter technology
Mankind is a giant leap forward in exploration when exploring planets, moons, or asteroids up close. This is done with space probes that orbit the celestial body in an orbit - an orbit. The challenge for such orbiters: They have to cover great distances, and at the same time their systems have to function under extreme space conditions, because the data should be reliably transmitted to Earth.
OHB Sweden did pioneering work for European orbiter technology: in 2003 the company took partSMART-1 (Small Missions for Advanced Research in Technology) the first European space probe to the moon. She tested a solar-electrically powered ion drive, new navigation and communication technologies and examined the chemical composition of the lunar surface. This ESA mission gave space research important insights into the formation of the moon over four billion years ago.
Getting into the atmosphere safely: entry technology
Whenever we penetrate into space in space research and reach unknown celestial bodies, this poses new challenges for the entry technologies: Depending on the planet or moon and the speed of rotation, the atmospheric conditions are different. Spacecraft, for example, have to be prepared for this in their technical infrastructure so that they are not damaged when they enter the atmosphere and can fulfill their task.
Arriving outside the earth without damage: technology for precise landings
The surface of the earth is largely known - and for the most part experts know how and where take-offs and landings can be carried out. If in doubt, they can be tested relatively easily. But even on the (earth) moon, trying it out is much more time-consuming. In general, landing safely and damage-free on foreign planets, moons or asteroids is a difficult discipline - and a real challenge for engineers. Because other gravitational forces, different surfaces and temperatures or winds that are difficult to calculate increase the technological demands on the systems. OHB has repeatedly done pioneering work in many studies and projects.
- Why should we buy Toyota cars
- What are social relationships in sociology
- Why do startups need incubators
- How deep can pilots abort a landing?
- How do I stop liking people
- How do I sell a wig
- How do I work when setting up joint ventures
- Is personality a gift from God
- Should brothels be legal
- What are the reasons for the optical activity
- Where can I start to learn an instrument?
- Are there any epigenetic effects of bullying
- Stephen Hawking's theories have been overrated
- What exactly is artificial intelligence
- Was Yudhister a gamer
- How is qualitative research used
- Frankincense essential oil is safe to ingest
- Who is Charlie Hunnam
- How can you slow down the Steam download?
- How collections work in Python
- Russian people Is this song insulting
- How's your experience with Oculus VR
- A succulent grows in pebbles
- Why should I be the 11th trading