Is veganism right
However, there are seldom studies that were simply carried out with people who eat tofu - and when they do, the results are very positive. It is all those vegan studies that show that a plant-based diet (which also contains soy products) has an enormous number of health benefits in store. In addition, if vegans who eat soy products are generally healthier than normal eaters, soy cannot be toxic, as the meat eater front is so fond of claiming.
Regular and healthy consumption of soy products does not even have a negative effect on the thyroid, as we described here under point 14 (Diet for hypothyroidism - the goitrogene): Hypothyroidism - the holistic therapy
In the case of cancer, it looks like regular soy consumption can even protect against it under certain circumstances: Soy protects against breast cancer
Yes, soy can even reduce the harmful effects of environmental pollutants such as B. Bisphenol A (a hormonally active plasticizer made of plastics) and in this way have a positive effect on fertility: Soy protects against bisphenol A.
Rule No. 13 - Seitan in the vegan diet
Seitan, on the other hand, is actually not very healthy for many people. It consists of 100 percent gluten, the controversial protein, especially from wheat. We have covered a lot about gluten and its health disadvantages, such as: B. here:
- Gluten clouds the senses
- Gluten fuels autoimmune diseases
- Six signs of gluten intolerance
However, if you tolerate gluten well and do not suffer from gluten intolerance (attention, gluten intolerance does not mean celiac disease!), Then you can of course eat a seitan product from time to time without any problems. However, we recommend using spelled seitan as it does not contain the potentially harmful properties of wheat.
When it comes to vegan ready-to-eat meat substitute products, always remember that many of them are very highly salted, may contain dubious fats and food additives and, as is usual with ready-made products, are heavily processed. You should therefore always buy seitan and soy products in organic supermarkets and not in conventional stores.
Organic manufacturers at least pay attention to high-quality ingredients as well as the organic origin of the raw materials and avoid avoidable additives.
Of course, you can also make seitan yourself. You can read everything about seitan here: Seitan - a healthy meat substitute?
Rule # 14 - Not Too Much Grain and No Wheat
Those who follow a vegan diet can easily run the risk of suddenly eating a lot of grain products. Because meat, fish, eggs and dairy products are now eliminated and are often offset by the increased consumption of baked goods and pasta.
But that is neither healthy nor necessary. Instead, eat more vegetables including the starchy vegetables like potatoes, yuca, sweet potatoes, corn and green peas.
If you eat cereals, choose products made from gluten-free cereals such as millet, rice and corn (polenta) or from the pseudo-cereals quinoa, canihua, amaranth and buckwheat. Low-gluten oats are also extremely healthy and filling food.
Instead of bread, for example, rice and lentil pancakes or Mexican corn tortillas also taste very tasty. Other alternatives are many low-carb bread recipes that use nut and almond flours as well as purely vegetable protein powders.
Instead of normal noodles, you could try noodles made from legumes (red lentils, chickpeas or mung beans), which are very tasty and al dente. Chestnuts are also a wonderful side dish in autumn.
If you choose "normal" bread and "normal" pasta, then you should definitely choose the whole grain variant. Furthermore, only buy bread from organic bakers and choose - wherever available - bread and baked goods made from spelled, emmer, einkorn or other original types of grain. Because wheat is now so overbred that many people can no longer tolerate it.
A healthy vegan diet is very easy
A healthy vegan diet is therefore not a problem. And if you take our above tips into account, then you are well supplied with all the necessary nutrients and vital substances - yes, certainly better than some "normal eater".
You can find a vegan nutrition plan for three days here: 3-day nutrition plan vegan
* An exciting book: "China Study: The Scientific Rationale for a Vegan Diet" can be found here under this link.
How can I switch my diet to vegan?
To make the changeover to a vegan diet easier, you will find many valuable tips here: Vegan diet change: How do you veganize ...?
An interesting documentary about vegan nutrition, lifestyle diseases and more can be found here:
* This article contains advertising. Our website contains affiliate links (* mark), i.e. references to partner companies, for example to the Amazon website. If a reader clicks on an affiliate link and subsequently on a product from our partner company, we may receive a small commission. This means that we cover part of the costs we have for the operation and maintenance of our website and can continue to keep the website free of charge for our readers.
Your donation helps us
If you enjoyed this article, we would appreciate a small contribution to our work! Donate now with Paypal.
Distance training to become a holistic nutritionist
Are you interested in what's in our food and want to know how nutrients and vital substances affect the body? Do you want a healthy life for yourself, your family and fellow human beings? Nutritionists are popular - but the holistic aspect that is needed for sustainable health is often forgotten when giving advice. At the Academy of Naturopathy, you will get to know the connections between lifestyle and diet as well as physical and psychological well-being.
That educates interested people like you in around 16 months to become a holistic nutritionist out.
Is this article worth reading?
Share this article
- Uenishi K et al., Comparison of menaquinone-4 and menaquinone-7 bioavailability in healthy women, Nutrition Journal, November 2012, (Comparison of menaquinone-7 and menaquinone-4 in healthy women)
- Okano T, Nakagawa K et al., Conversion of phylloquinone (Vitamin K1) into menaquinone-4 (Vitamin K2) in mice: two possible routes for menaquinone-4 accumulation in cerebra of mice. The Journal of Biological Chemistry, April 2008, (Conversion of K1 to K2 in muses: two possible pathways for menaquinone-4 accumulation in the brain of muses)
- Lee GJ et al., Consumption of noncows milk beverages and serum vitamin D levels in early childhood, CMAJ, November 2014, (Consumption of non-cow's milk beverages and serum vitamin D levels in early childhood)
Notice on health issues
This information is passed to the best of my knowledge and belief. They are intended exclusively for those interested and for further training and are in no way to be understood as diagnostic or therapeutic instructions. We do not assume any liability for damages of any kind that arise directly or indirectly from the use of the information. If you suspect illness, please consult your doctor or alternative practitioner
Subscribe to Newsletter
Exciting information about health and nutrition
1x per month
Login Successful. You will shortly receive a confirmation at the specified email address.
With your registration you allow the regular sending of the newsletter and accept the data protection regulations.
HEALTH CENTER © 2021 Neosmart Consulting AG. All rights reserved.
- What does shot mean?
- Would you like to see Precure someday?
- What exactly do software team leaders do
- What connects Tarapur Narora and Kakrapar
- Have animals ever raised a human
- What is the full form of alt
- How do I send a promotional SMS
- What is Israel best known for?
- Afterward, leg raises can cause leg pain
- What does a life mean?
- What are some substitutes for mozzarella cheese
- Which colleges accept a February MAT score
- What do you think of Stalin
- Which instrument should I play?
- How do social media bots work
- Have propane forklift batteries
- What kind of mom is an INFJ
- Are private rickshaws allowed in South Mumbai?
- What is Odisha's old capital
- What are racist overtones
- How do ducks waterproof their feathers?
- Where is the area code 647
- Why is clinical depression painful
- Do you feel your satisfaction
- What was your first experience at home
- What is your opinion on Mao Zedong
- Has made statements online
- Why do I always have a headache
- How popular is rap music in Pakistan
- Who are the militias
- Why are we so after a goal
- What helps us in our everyday life
- What cameras do fashion photographers use
- What is the Aum in meditation