Feminists find porn degrading for women
Sexism in "Red Dead Redemption 2": Gamer Kills "Annoying Feminist"
Videos show how a gamer abuses and burns a suffragette in "Red Dead Redemption 2". The community is thrilled.
In “Red Dead Redemption 2” you can beat up, set fire to or shoot almost any character Photo: rockstargames
BERLINtaz | The setting is reminiscent of the 19th century in the Wild West. A historic suffragette stands on a busy street in the virtual city of Saint Denis, which is modeled after the real New Orleans. With loud shouts, she demands that women finally be allowed to vote. There is a sign next to her. On it is written: "Voting rights for women" and "Abolish discrimination". A man comes up to her. "Hello my friend. What do you think of the right to vote for women? ”He is asked by the women's rights activist. The man answers cynically, pushes her and finally knocks her to the ground.
The scene comes from a YouTube video for the video game "Red Dead Redemption 2", which was released recently. YouTube user Shirrako uploaded the video at the end of October under the title "Red Dead Redemption 2 - Beating Up Annoying Feminist". It has now been accessed around 1.7 million times.
In the open-world video game "Red Dead Redemption 2", players can address, rob, beat up, set fire to or shoot almost any character. A particularly popular destination: the historic suffragette from Saint Denis.
Because after the first video was so successful, Shirrako released two more clips with misogynistic content. In one of the videos he tries to feed the suffragette to an alligator. In the other he catches it with a lasso, then places it under a train and then sets the corpse on fire.
Sections of video game culture not only have problems with outdated gender stereotypes, but also with sexism. At least that's what the shocking comments under the videos reveal. Some members of the community just find the videos hilarious. Others feel encouraged by them to express themselves openly misogynist and derogatory. One user writes, “The only good feminist is DEAD FEMINIST”, while another comments on the video with “Thats the best answer to feminism!”.
"A funny moment"
YouTuber Shirrako distances himself from the comments posted under his videos. In a conversation with Motherboard he said: “Of course I disagree with the sexist comments. But I can't do anything against them either. I don't want to censor the opinion of other people - regardless of whether I think the same way or not. ”Why Shirrako put the videos with misogynistic content online in the first place remains an open question. He just uploaded a funny moment from one of his streams as a video, he says.
YouTube reacted to the criticism and deleted the videos and Shirrako's account. But only for a short time. The channel is currently back online.
- Why should we secure food for ourselves
- Can intelligence be inherited 2
- What is an octal number system
- Where are the UAE
- Why is social media beneficial
- How can I build a world
- What became Nikita Khrushchev in 1958
- How do I work when setting up joint ventures
- When does the NBA season start
- What are the most educational card games
- Where to buy sour honey
- Disc golf is a sport
- What is coding theory
- What is meant by dreams about Jesus
- When did Ariana Grande make it big?
- Telemarketing is a viable business model
- What would cause a 106 degree fever?
- Which river is in Calcutta
- What are some common misconceptions about Spartans
- What is the integral of sin 2
- When you're in an elevator
- What are the solution for the demonstration
- What are distorted thoughts
- Can I use WeChat in the UK?
- Has Dick Cheney ever done any good
- Where can I buy candied ginger
- What does bluete mean in Arabic
- What does the Zomato logo mean
- Is the press overwhelmed by Donald Trump
- What is Odisha's old capital
- How much muscle does drumming build
- What parts of history have disappeared
- Affects COPPA inactive channels
- Does the voltage drop depend on the size of the conductor