What are the characteristics of clay soil
What soil do you have in the garden?
Do you know whether you have clay, loam, sand or bog soil in your garden? It can be found out with a hand sample. You can read everything about soil types, problem soils and soil improvement here.
You can find devices for soil improvement in specialist shops. You can also borrow expensive equipment such as milling machines or cultivators.
Is the soil in your garden dense and can it hardly be digged? Then her problem child is probably called Tonboden. Or is it all sandy, disintegrates when planted and can hardly store water? Then you are dealing with a sandy bottom. Are your plants stunted and unable to develop properly? Then it is time to get a green thumb, or maybe to get to grips with your problem floor. You don't need a laboratory to determine the nature of the soil and soil in your garden. This can be seen quite reliably with a hand sample. Here is an overview of the most important types of soil and their typical properties.
- Sandy soil is light, fine-grained and not very fertile.
- Clay soil is the ideal substrate for the garden. Many hobby gardeners classify it incorrectly because they mistake it for the clay soil. A loamy soil, mostly with sand, stores nutrients and water without the risk of waterlogging. Clay soil can be corrected relatively quickly by adding sand or compost. Clay soil has a good crumb structure when taken in hand.
- Clay soil cannot be improved in this way like clay soil. Clay soil is heavier and more impermeable to water, compacted and poses an acute risk of waterlogging. This is critical for sensitive roots, as this type of soil is difficult to warm up. Figures can be effortlessly formed from clay by hand.
- Peatland rarely occurs in our gardens, it is peat soil with a high proportion of organic material, i.e. dead and rotted plant residues, but only few nutrients. The soil reaction is acidic, which only heather plants and azaleas (rhododendrons) get from our garden plants. When pressed together, peatland feels as elastic as a sponge.
Problem: soil fatigue
Gardeners understand this phenomenon to mean that the soil has become depleted, ie "tired", as a result of severe depletion due to the cultivation of always the same type of plant. As a countermeasure, one must ensure an increased crop rotation. In addition, you should make sure that you alternate between heavily consuming plants that need more humus, compost and manure, and weakly consuming plants that do without it, but need lime.
Proper watering helps immensely
Trees, bushes and lawns need a lot of water in extreme heat. It should be poured in the evening or early in the morning. The garden hose as a semi or fully automatic irrigation is becoming more and more popular. It does not matter whether the garden areas are flat or hilly, small or large. The water distribution can be precisely controlled and calculated using modern computer technology. Fully automatic systems are usually permanently installed, the pipes are made of UV-resistant plastics and are suitable for more than decades of use. The water is either taken from the mains, which means that water extraction and water disposal costs are incurred at the same time. With the installation of underground tanks made of high-strength fiberglass materials, all rainwater can be collected and, if necessary, removed for irrigation by means of pumps. Such containers are weather and acid-resistant, guaranteed to be leak-proof, and are also easy to move.
- What are some examples of trinomial
- Why do I get tension headaches every day
- Is polarization a problem in the US
- Which is the best bitcoin to buy
- Why does Harappa stay unkempt
- Can have a monopoly on a free market
- Can you die from a tick bite?
- Why should you learn IoT
- Who is the founder of CareerCup com
- What would Shakespeare think of surrealist poetry
- How many cities does Croatia have
- Are people with ASPD not normal? Why
- Why does heart failure cause lung noises
- How do I deal with heat in LEDs
- Can you help with page turning of domains?
- What is an astronomer's salary
- Where do Amazon employees shop
- How can I improve my relationship 1
- What are Quaker Beliefs in Healthcare
- When is Votizen's trading session?
- Why don't earthquakes happen in Nigeria?
- What is the best Gestalt experiment
- Trust Mental Health Physicians
- What happens when the current transformer is saturated