Where does the word omg come from
What does "OMG" mean? Explanation and definition
Someone reacted to one of your posts with the abbreviation "OMG" and you don't know what that means? We'll tell you what the abbreviation stands for and how you can use it yourself quickly and easily.
That means OMG: "Oh my god"
The abbreviation "OMG" is an acronym from the English language, which means that each of the letters stands for its own word. Written out "OMG" stands for "Oh my God". In German: "Oh my God" or in a slightly wider translation: "Old Swede".
This is how you use OMG
"OMG" is generally used as an extreme reaction, mostly to something that is hard to believe, just like you use the pronounced "Oh my God" in German. It should be used in both a negative and a positive context. So you can use "OMG" when you are very happy about something or when you are very upset about something.
If you want to increase your reaction even more, you can also use "OMFG", which stands for: "Oh my f * cking god". The spelling is variable, you can also write omg or omg, there are no regulations. In the meantime "OMG" has also arrived in the spoken language of young people and is also used in conversations. However, you should always pay attention to which audience you are speaking in front of and whether the use of the abbreviation is appropriate.
Examples of using OMG:
- Person A: "Torben just asked me if I want to marry him!"
- Person B: "OMG! Madness!"
- Person A: "I just got my purse stolen."
- Person B: "OMG, was there a lot of important stuff in there?"
Do you want to get to know more abbreviations? In our overview of abbreviations you can find out why you shouldn't use Cyka Blyat and Huan on Facebook, Instagram and Co. We'll also tell you what abbreviations like MILF or DILF mean and why you should think twice before who to use them. In our Smilies collection we tell you how you can add suitable emojis to the abbreviations.
Have you seen other abbreviations on the Internet or received a term on WhatsApp that you do not understand? Write it in our comments, we will help you to find the meaning. And tell us about your favorite abbreviations in chats that maybe not everyone knows.
" Tip:The best VPN providers for more security and data protection
- Which Graco Travel System is Best
- What if Boba Fett were sensitive to force?
- Sodium fluoride has deleterious effects
- How to Stop Getting DHL Scam
- How intrinsic is music
- How does your belief work
- What are some disadvantages of electronic diaries
- Paul Ryan is not loyal to Trump
- How is the chaos in Nirma University
- What is PIP in Forex Trading
- What are the worries of Uttar Pradesh
- Who do you despise as a politician and why
- What are some hot Disha Patani pictures
- What is land service in the military
- What does chamber in rolling mills mean?
- What are current discussion topics
- Why is Nevada unprepared for population growth
- Which treaties did Germany sign in the First World War?
- Is Football Manager 2019 worth buying
- What's the fancy word for asshole
- What do people think of Costco
- Alaska has a lot of salmon
- What are some good jokes about Pune
- Can yoga heal damaged heart valves
- What are the disadvantages of bioinformatics
- What does a civil aviation inspector do
- How many atoms are in urea
- Helps sweat fight viruses
- What is the best used 4x4
- What exactly is the clock speed of the computer bus
- What is a teacher made test
- Which compliment stayed with you? Why?
- Which is the hottest greenhouse gas