What are some substitutes for mozzarella cheese
Vegan cheese: simple recipe with just a few ingredients to make yourself
Full transparency: This article contains promotional content about my products and / or promotional links to products. You can recognize the latter by the star symbol (*) after the link. You can find out more about this here.
Many people cannot imagine a life without cheese, some even speak of feelings of addiction to cheese. There are countless reasons to remove cheese from your menu. Cheese is one of the most unhealthy, unethical and ecological foods there is.
But not vegan cheese! And that's exactly why my vegan cream cheese recipe and my recipe for vegan mozzarella are among the most popular recipes on this blog. And now there is a new herbal cheese recipe for you and for vegan soft cheese or soft semi-hard cheese ♥
I can't say it any other way: This recipe is just awesome! All you need is a handful of simple ingredients that you usually have around the house anyway. This delicious plant-based cheese alternative is also available free from nuts as well soy and therefore allergy friendly. The creamy plant cheese is also whole free from superfluous ingredients like oil and also comes without any binding agents such as starch, psyllium husks or agar-agar, etc.! And the best: It's super quick - without any cheese cultures or fermentation. It really doesn't get any easier, right? :)
Make or buy vegan cheese yourself?
Of course, you can also buy packaged vegan cheese in the store. However, like so many industrially processed products (whether vegan or not), it often contains a lot of salt, fat and sometimes even undesirable preservatives. If you make vegan cheese yourself, you alone decide on the ingredients, the preparation and the health value. You can also avoid unnecessary packaging waste by doing it yourself.
You can add other ingredients of your choice to this basic recipe, e.g. add paprika and paprika powder, fresh or dried herbs such as oregano or walnut pieces. There are no limits to your creativity!
The delicious vegan soft cheese is great as a plant-based spread or as a snack on the go with vegetable crackers, e.g. for work, university or school, when traveling or to bring to parties, and much more.
Fancy more delicious and simple vegan recipes to take away?
- 90 g chickpeas * soaked overnight (makes about 180 g after soaking and corresponds to 1 cup)
- 375 ml water (equivalent to 1.5 cups)
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/4 onion
- 1 teaspoon salt (more or less to taste)
- 1/2 lime
- 2 tbsp yeast flakes * (optional)
- Pour off the soaked chickpeas and put them in a blender * along with the water, garlic, onion, lime juice and spices and puree for about 1 minute until the pieces are uniform.
- Put the creamy mass in a saucepan, bring to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes over low heat, stirring constantly, until it takes on a viscous consistency.
- Ideally, fill the boiled cheese “cream” into a round (or square) (glass) container approx.
- In the refrigerator, the mass becomes firm. You can test whether the cheese is "ready" by carefully turning the container over and seeing whether the mass remains in it. If it moves and threatens to fall out, the cheese is not yet firm enough.
- Store in a cool place and use within 1 week.
How do you like my simple vegan do-it-yourself cheese?
I hope you enjoy trying it out and I am very excited to hear your opinion. Be sure to leave me your feedback in the comments below! I am always happy to read from you ♥
- What is open defecation
- All radiation is electromagnetic
- Who makes disease vaccines
- What should I say to her now
- What are Tiesto's top songs
- Is McDonald's Soda special
- Can I be a successful mathematician
- What is the DevOps lifecycle
- What is medium premium
- What is the exact value of 4 4 7 + 3
- What does a filler mean in the anime
- How do film companies make a profit
- Which ninja weapon is driving you crazy?
- Where does chalk come from
- Why did SKT fall in 2017
- What is your opinion on cryptocurrencies
- Which are the most respected Italian newspapers
- To what extent did Beethoven revolutionize music?
- Which detergent changed your life
- How do I integrate ln sinx 1
- What is chemically real
- Which degree should I get
- How to run properly
- Turmeric helps relieve back pain