Which is the best footballer of 2019
World Footballer of the Year 2019: The nominations for "The Best"
UPDATE: Lionel Messi was named FIFA World Player of the Year for the sixth time at The Best FIFA Football Awards gala on September 23rd in Milan. Liverpool defender Virgil van Dijk finished in second place, Portugal superstar Cristiano Ronaldo only stayed in third place.
On September 23, 2019, as part of the "The Best FIFA Football Awards " World Footballer 2019 in Milan. Who will succeed Luka Modric, who beat superstar Cristiano Ronaldo last year? FIFA has now announced the three finalists:
Ronaldo, Messi and Van Dijk among the finalists
As is so often the case, the top 3 nominations include the two superstars Lionel Messi (FC Barcelona) and Cristiano Ronaldo (Juventus Turin). Ronaldo won the first edition of the UEFA Nations League with Portugal in June, Messi secured the Golden Shoe in Europe and came third in the Copa America with Argentina.
The third person nominated this time was the Champions League winner Virgil van Dijk from Liverpool FC. The center-back recently won the European Footballer of the Year award, where his rivals were also CR7 and Lionel Messi.
If van Dijk should now also be named “The Best” by FIFA, the 28-year-old would only be the second defender to secure the title of World Player of the Year. In 2006, Fabio Cannavaro, who won the 2006 World Cup with Italy, was the only defender to be named World Player of the Year.
All national team coaches, the captains of the national teams as well as fans and selected journalists are entitled to vote.
Van Dijk & Ronaldo in action in the European Championship qualification
Before the two finalists Virgil van Dijk and Cristiano Ronaldo travel to Milan to take part in “The Best Gala” on September 23, things will get serious for both of them in the European Championship qualification.
Van Dijk and the Netherlands will face Germany in the big game in European Championship qualification Group C (September 6th) and three days later against Estonia, Cristiano Ronaldo will play with Portugal first in Serbia (September 7th) and then in Lithuania (September 10th) .
The Argentine national team is in action against Chile and Mexico in friendly matches, but Leo Messi has been banned from playing in the Argentina jersey for three months after his criticism of the Brazilian Football Association.
>> Preview of Germany - Netherlands
- How many calories does a cigarette contain?
- What is yes parenting
- What's your opinion on ripped jeans
- Why is it helpful to get our ideas out
- What is the attraction of tube jeans
- When is an operation considered illegal?
- How much do cancer researchers earn
- Do dogs get Alzheimer's
- What are the wishes of Itachi Uchiha
- Which article comes before the word unanimous
- What are some examples of overconformity
- What kind of joint is the jaw
- Is someone morally incorruptible?
- Is information science engineering good
- What is your favorite group band
- When did Parashurama stop killing the Kshatriyas?
- Is Selena Gomez underestimated?
- What's in gumbo
- Is Moscow or Saint Petersburg safer?
- How many days after receiving the passport
- Will Amazon put Google out of business
- Should the NHS treat preventable diseases
- Who is Sasha Fierce
- What's your perfect hamburger