Are Udacity Nanodegrees internationally recognized
Coursera, edX, Lecturio, Udacity & Co .: What do the certificates and nanodegrees bring?
Many online learning course providers in our course directory also offer Certificates and degrees at.
But what exactly is behind the "certificates"?
And what is such a degree in practice Value?
We'll give you a brief overview. You will also find out what companies like Otto, RWE or handle above Online certificates in applications really think.
What is actually meant by "certificate"?
Many e-learning courses now offer degrees for course participants.
The Bandwidth ranges from the state-recognized bachelor's degree for an online course to a simple certificate of attendance for a short video course.
You should know that:
Course providers are relatively free to choose how that Designation of the degrees reads. Only special terms (e.g. "Bachelor" as an academic degree from a university) are regulated by law.
- A Diploma or certificate you usually get when you successfully pass an exam.
- A Certificate of attendance or proof of attendance is a confirmation without documenting a specific learning success.
Especially with international course providers, the exact terms used in practice are quite diverse - from Badge about the Nanodegree until xSeries Certificate everything is included (see below).
Simplifying is often also from the "Certificate" for an online course spoken.
"State recognized" qualifications:
Who, for some reason, is really a "state recognized" If you need a (legally regulated) degree (e.g. an IHK degree), you should always inquire about the details with the course provider beforehand.
And who with online courses ECTS points for his studies, this should also be clarified beforehand with the course provider and with his university. So far, ECTS credits for online courses are only available in a few cases (see below).
But often they are in practice other criteria are more important, especially with individual professional development courses.
In practical terms: Mention certificates in applications?
For most participants it works in making the decision for a certain online course less about the name of the certificate or a "state" recognition.
For one, are natural when making the decision the course content is relevant. You can find them in advance via our course directory and in the course descriptions of the providers.
But the question of whether or not is often just as important Employers in application processes be able to do anything with online course certificates on their résumé. Should you have a certificate of a Mention online course on resume?
We asked large German companies directly
We met with some selected German companies inquired about it. After all, go here every year hundreds of thousands of applications and résumés over the recruiters' tables. MOOCs and other online courses are already known here.
Of course, it always comes with applications on the individual case at. Companies cannot make binding commitments as to how certain certificates will be included in the decision.
Some basic lessons about Online certificates for applicant selection in practice, however, are possible.
3 findings from application practice:
1. Online course certificates are used
- "Make online certificates, of coursea good impression and can also be included in the résumé."(Otto)
- "We would recommendto show any relevant proof of qualification in the context of an application and also to attach online certificates."(RWE)
- "How the respective recruiter evaluates the importance of certificates is very individual. However, I would say certificates always an advantage are."(WISAG Facility Services)
- "Online courses are already noticed in an application - rather superficial if only mentioned in the résumé, a little more concrete if the scope of the course is shown."(Würth)
- "So far, our applicants have rarely had such certificates because we only have a few IT applicants, more like chemists. But we are open to this if the quality is right. And it will be in the context of digitizationincrease and become more common."(Lanxess)
2. Job relevance must be clearly recognizable
- "If those job relevant are welcome to point them out - also directly in the résumé. A long list of courses that do not specifically address the position is not recommended."(Handle)
- "Every applicant should think about what relevance which certificates have for the respective application and position."(RWE)
- "Where the online course has a recognized technical / professional qualification in connection with the job profile applicants can benefit from the relevant certificate."(Rewe)
- "In general, I would also give the tip that it helps if the online certificate is explained in more detail (only in short bullet points), the simple name should not provide enough information about what the online course was about."(Otto)
3. Online courses also show personal commitment
- "Online certificates can also provide us with information about the commitment to an applicant."(RWE)
- "Certificates show that someone is committed and has acquired knowledge beyond his or her actual course content."(WISAG Facility Services)
- Particularly relevant online courses can therefore even "as a highlight and sales argument be mentioned in the appropriate place in the cover letter."(large German food company)
Integrate in the résumé and online profiles
Some of the companies surveyed also recommend the relevant online courses initially only to be listed in the CV (See sample below) and not include all certificates and attestations with an application:
"A note in the résumé would be the better option from an HR point of view."(HeidelbergCement)
"For the curriculum vitae, we recommend adding "Further training and seminars" and also listing the online courses here."(Evonik HR)
And also in your own Social media profile a list of the completed video learning courses can be a good idea:
"In the meantime, many candidates maintain their résumés online, for example on LinkedIn, here again it makes sense to list certificates when recruiters search for keywords, for example."(ThyssenKrupp)
- Why did people keep fasting
- Epistemology is very useful
- How do I install ApacheBooster
- What is the Sanskrit translation of take
- Is there a solution for GamerGate
- My method of taking notes is correct
- What is the mileage on Toyota Corolla
- How are scuppernongs cultivated
- Which IT tool can eradicate poverty?
- Why should anyone like untamed animals?
- What is your biggest daily anger
- Can your Instagram page be your blog
- Can monster energy drinks kill you
- What does MSM look like
- How powerful was Minato at its height
- Survival cockroaches in space
- Is communism really a failed model?
- Are bindusara and bimbisara the same
- What exactly does fossil fuel mean scientifically
- What are the subatomic particles doing
- Who discovered the integrated circuit chip
- What is a class meeting
- What an act of someone left you speechless
- May sapiosexual people other genders