Why is the Google Translator app free
Translator app: The 3 best free apps in the test
With a translator app, you can understand almost every language in the world. Thanks to voice input and intelligent photo recognition, even tricky everyday situations abroad are no problem. We have the best free translator apps for Android and iOS tested.
A translator app makes your smartphone the most important companion for every vacation. If you do not understand a term in a text or the person you are speaking to, the app interprets for you. This is of course not only useful abroad, but also helps with learning a foreign language at home. Translator apps are more than simple dictionaries. Instead of looking for individual words, you can enter and translate entire sentences and even complex texts here.
PONS online translator: The classic dictionary
Everyone knows PONS dictionaries from their English lessons. PONS online translator brings the extensive book to your smartphone and offers even more features. In addition to the simple search for terms as you know them from the offline variant, there is one Text translation. This transfers complex sentences into the desired language with the help of the DeepL service and saves you a lot of work.
The structure of the PONS-Translator app is simple and clear. There is a field in which you enter the text to be translated and a microphone symbol for voice input via the Google Assistant. If you need the translation of certain phrases more often, you mark them as favorites so that you can call them up in the main menu at any time. It is a pity that the PONS-App is littered with advertising, which is usually placed in a disruptive manner.
- classic dictionary with a lot of information
- DeepL text translator
- Voice input
Click here for the free translation app PONS online translator:
Microsoft translator: The perfect interpreter
With the Microsoft translator no foreign language confuses you anymore. The translator app offers numerous features for interpreting texts. There is a voice and a text input. The photo recognition recognizes words and texts on photographed objects - for example street signs - and translates them directly into your native language. With the To chatFunction, you can chat with other users while what is entered is automatically translated into their language for each participant. Voice inputs are also possible here, which is particularly helpful in foreign-language meetings.
Another useful feature of the Microsoft translator is the phrasebook. Here you will find examples sorted by everyday situation that often occur during stays abroad. Under accommodation So do you find sentences like What does a room cost? and translate them into any language. Microsoft's translator app is very clear. It is also free of charge and completely free of advertising.
- useful Entertainment-Function
- can be used offline
- advertising and free of charge
Click here for the free translation app Microsoft translator:
Google translator: The classic
The Google translator is the classic among translator apps. In addition to simple text and voice input, there is photo recognition, handwriting input and entertainment translation. The latter is particularly useful if you want to talk to a foreign-speaking country. The entertainment translator immediately interprets what is spoken and even reads the input out loud. It works amazingly well, even if the pronunciation isn't too clear.
Dealing with the Google translator is learned quickly. The features are very useful and can be of real help. Thanks to the possibility of downloading all dictionaries as offline versions, you are not even dependent on your data volume or external WiFi networks when abroad. Besides, the Google translator free of charge and completely ad-free.
- Entertainment translation
- can be used offline
- advertising and free of charge
Click here for the free translation app Google translator:
Conclusion - our test result
Our three translator apps will be of great help when learning a language or abroad. PONS online translator is the classic variant. Here you look up individual terms like in the dictionary. Thanks to a cooperation with DeepL, whole sentences can also be translated. The Microsoft - and the Google translator offer more features. However, the apps are very similar to one another. Only the entertainment translation is different. At the Google translator the participants talk into the same smartphone while they are at Microsoft translator register each with their own mobile phone. Both have their advantages and disadvantages depending on the situation, which is why we recommend both translator apps.
- How can I treat heartburn without medication
- What different species can produce fertile offspring?
- What is a recorded recruiting interview
- Pediatrics Are the check-ups with pediatricians too short?
- Do you get enough sleep?
- What are the limits of foresight
- Which article comes before the word unanimous
- What is your code for algorithmic trading
- What happens in the Wipro internship
- What is the result of schema therapy
- How can I buy Ethereum in the UAE
- Is it legal to ship yourself
- What is Linux hosting
- Which join is faster in SQL
- How do the Russians see the Soviet Union
- How can Arduino communicate with Android applications
- What does it mean to be shrill
- Why does Gmail not allow email from Outlook
- What is conventional paving bitumen
- The Apollo astronauts were religioes
- Apple invented the keynote terminology
- What are Netflix and Netflix Originals
- What is maximum stretch in spring
- What is CC in a car
- What were the accomplishments of Sir John A Macdonalds
- Where can I find a Gleim book
- How would you compare sugar and honey
- Why is capitalism better than communism in idealogy?
- What is the steady state
- What makes a duck a duck
- How do we learn CIMA
- When did illegal drugs save your life?