What is Facebook and what is Twitter
This is how the users of Facebook, Twitter & Co.
Study reveals usage behavior and feelings of social media users
Anyone who indiscriminately uses all social networks for professional communication risks high wastage. Those who strategically analyze in advance which social media channels they will use to reach their target group have the advantage. This is best done with the help of scientific knowledge. A study commissioned by Snapchat is now helping to understand when users visit social networks, why they do it and how they feel about it.
The focus of the survey among 1000 social media users between the ages of 13 and 44 is on Snapchat, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and YouTube. A major difference is the reasons for using the networks. Facebook and Snapchat are primarily used as media for private exchange. Twitter, on the other hand, is used more as an information and discussion channel. However, users are also happy to follow stars and influencers there. On Instagram, sharing photos and videos is the most important thing. The exchange with friends and the activities of influencers on the photo service are also interesting. Of all social media channels, users only associate YouTube with an intention to buy. There they search specifically for products, but also find out about their interests.
Commuters rely on Twitter and Snapchat
The study also provides interesting information about usage habits. Snapchat and Twitter are used more often when commuting than other networks. On the other hand, Facebook and Snapchat are particularly popular on the go and when traveling. Some users also enjoy using social media while hanging out with friends. The most popular in this category is Snapchat, followed by Instagram. All social media channels are used particularly heavily at home. When users have to wait or can't sleep, Facebook is more popular than the social media competition.
Negative emotions predominate on Twitter
The study even provides an insight into how users feel. So they feel positive emotions on Instagram and YouTube, for example they feel inspired, entertained and creative. The situation is different on Twitter, where the discussion culture is particularly rough. In the favorite network of US President Donald Trump, users feel informed, but also worried, lonely and depressed. They do not associate such negative feelings with Facebook. So they feel connected, entertained and informed, but also lonely and guilty. Snapchat, on the other hand, is an oasis of well-being, because it is where users feel creativity, happiness and excitement.
Even if the study results are average values that cannot be transferred to every target group, the survey offers communication professionals valuable guidance. Understanding the different needs of social media users is an important prerequisite for successful digital communication.
For the latest information on reputation management, stop by the reputation professionals!
- What's the healthiest way to brew coffee
- What are the most flammable things
- Have propane forklift batteries
- Can a landlord check your creditworthiness
- What is the best business media resource
- What is an intelligent telescope
- What to Avoid Keywords
- How can money burn
- How do I change the WordPress theme
- How can technology improve the hotel experience
- How does the inverter compressor work in the refrigerator
- Need help with your makeup
- Why can't I stop eating fries?
- Why is my computer UPS not working
- How was your experience in Bhopal city
- What are behavior changes caused by stress
- Slows down school WiFi Quora
- Why is Nevada unprepared for population growth
- The Grand Canyon was once an ocean
- Is there an evolutionary purpose for sadness?
- How can I increase the conversation rate dramatically
- How Much Do College Athletes Make
- How does Google Analytics compare to Kissmetrics
- DeviantArt is a dying platform
- React H-ions with water
- Apple's success is mainly thanks to Napster
- What's the strangest storyline in Oblivion
- How did Freddy Krueger come to power
- How do I check someone else's PAN number
- Are LEGO elements waterproof?
- What is perceptual awareness
- What is the Ophelia Complex
- What does Meherbaani mean
- What is oxidized flame