How can acids and bases be harmful?
Balancing the acid-base balance and staying healthy
Acidification is a common point when it comes to health. We are talking about the acid-base balance, which - once out of balance - can be the reason for various health disorders. But what does that mean and how can you positively influence such a development?
What is the acid-base balance?
The metabolic processes in the body can only function properly if the acid-base balance is in balance. The pH value results from the body's own acid-base balance. The value in the blood is around 7.4. The organism reacts sensitively to deviations from the norm, which can lead to life-threatening consequences. There is already talk of hyperacidity if the pH value in the arterial blood falls below 7.36.
How does hyperacidity come about?
Of course, the body is able to compensate for fluctuations in the acid-base balance to a certain extent. To do this, it produces basic substances such as sodium bicarbonate, which the kidneys excrete when necessary. Against this background, fluctuations in the acid-base balance are always a health problem. This also shows how important a balanced diet is so that the organism can even create a balance. Acids and bases, which cause the pH value to fluctuate, are absorbed through food and formed in the body itself. The acid-heavy diet is therefore a health risk. But a purely alkaline diet is also not advisable.
Balance the acid-base balance
There is a risk of misunderstandings when it comes to a balanced diet for a balanced acid-base balance. Basic foods also include:
- Swiss chard
- Red cabbage
- Young spinach
On the other hand, acid generators can also be foods that are in principle not unhealthy at all. These include:
- Nuts (except walnuts)
- whole grain products
In addition, the way of life influences the acid-base balance. Sport counteracts this. Smoking, on the other hand, increases acidity, as does excessive alcohol consumption and stress.
Symptoms of an acid-base shift
Overacidification does not cause any disease, but it does cause a number of symptoms. This includes:
- Muscle and joint pain
- Fatigue, lack of concentration
- Skin changes (flaking, wrinkles)
- Hair loss
What can you do to balance the budget?
If you are sick or suffer from the symptoms mentioned above, there is a high probability that your acid-base balance is constantly trying to balance it out. Make sure that your metabolism is relieved with an adapted diet. Drink enough water, eat a lot of vegetables, at least temporarily avoid meat and food poisons. Take long walks or be instructed in the technique of yoga or other breathing and movement teaching.
Do you need medication?
A real derailment of the acid-base balance must be treated by a doctor. Slight shifts are uncomfortable and unhealthy. But medication is not necessary. Still, some supplements make sense if you feel the effects. The agents are mostly basic powders that can be easily combined with water or various foods. They also help to balance out when the stress on body and mind is currently particularly high. These can be stress factors in work or private life, but also too high sporting demands.
- What are social relationships in sociology
- Like life after leaving school
- What is x 40 20
- String theory is a metaphysical theory
- Save electricity
- What time does Powerball draw tonight
- Gluten can cause asthma
- How do I get to Luton Airport
- Which metals work badly together
- Can you use ibuprofen for allergies?
- What do Indian Muslims think of polygamy?
- How is glycerin used for baking
- What mathematical rules allow this step
- It's really that hard to go on
- How does fashion train us?
- Is the tiger really our national animal?
- Why do Kashmiri people hate Pakistan
- How long is the present mental
- How much do I study in France
- What treatments are there for chronic ear infections?
- How to simplify 4
- Accessed RAM in sequence or randomly
- What is Spiritual Tourism in India
- Which are the top builders in Mumbai