How do we not feel the mosquito bite
Remedy for insect bites
This helps against bee and mosquito bites
Mosquitoes and horseflies are classic bloodsuckers. They prick to feed. Other insects, however, sting for defense. They include honey bees, wasps, hornets and, very rarely, bumblebees. While some stings are simply uncomfortable itchy, others can be very painful and sometimes even life-threatening.
When mosquitoes bite
Strictly speaking, a mosquito bite is not a bite. The mosquito's trunk has tiny spikes. These scratch the skin. The mosquito then injects saliva into the small wound. So it numbs the spot and we don't notice the annoying bloodsucker. However, the saliva has a second function: it thins our blood so that the mosquito can comfortably soak up our blood. However, the proteins contained in saliva trigger an allergic reaction in us. The skin begins to itch, redden and swell slightly. The result is a classic, itchy wheal that gets bigger when we scratch ourselves.
Only female mosquitoes bite. They need our blood for their eggs. The male mosquitoes feed on the flower nectar.
When brakes sting
Brakes are easily mistaken for flies. They particularly like to bite on humid summer days and stay near water. You will be attracted by the smell of sweat. Particularly perfidious: They are silent and can pierce through clothing. The sting is painful because the mouthparts are very large. The wound therefore often bleeds again.
It is not only ticks that transmit dangerous infectious diseases. Brakes can also transmit Lyme disease. If - like a tick bite - a red halo forms around the affected area, you should consult a doctor. He prescribes an antibiotic to make the Borrelia harmless.
When bees and wasps sting
The sting poison from bees and wasps causes pain, itching, slight swelling and reddening of the skin. However, there are 2.5 million people in Germany Insect venom allergy sufferer. These suffer from massive swellings at the puncture site for days. The venom of bees and wasps is only life-threatening after several hundred stings. In the case of allergy sufferers, however, a single bite can lead to life-threatening situations. Stings in the mouth or tongue are particularly dangerous, as the swelling can obstruct the supply of breath. In Germany, 20 people die every year as a result of an insect bite.
When hornets sting
Hornets are peaceful and shy. Their venom is even more harmless than that of wasps and bees. However, it burns more and is therefore perceived more intensely. The sting is also larger and longer. It penetrates deeper into the skin. Itchy redness, swelling, itching and pain develop. The swelling can become the size of a hailstone and larger. The reddening takes on a diameter of about 10 centimeters.
As a rule, hornet stings are not life-threatening. Hornet stings cause allergic reactions in around 2 to 3 percent of the population. As with bees and wasps, hornet stings in the mouth, throat and throat are dangerous. The resulting swelling can cause shortness of breath.
When bumblebees sting
Bumblebees belong to the real bees family. They form so-called summer states. In spring, the queens mated the previous year wake up in their winter quarters. They look for a nesting place in piles of dead wood, mouse holes or stone crevices. If the young queen likes her new home, she builds her first honeycomb. She lays 6 to 8 eggs in it. It supplies the hatching larvae with pollen. Then these pupate and hatch about 4 weeks after the nest is founded. They serve as workers and take on tasks such as nest building, brood care and nest defense. A bumblebee colony consists of around 50 to 600 animals. Most of the bumblebees are workers. The rearing of the drones and the young queens does not begin until summer. From August to October the people gradually die off. Only the young queens are still alive. You are looking for winter quarters.
Only female bumblebees can sting. But it rarely happens. Before that, it sends out some warning signals. She growls loudly and turns her backside towards the attacker with a sting. If it hits the enemy, the sting hits the skin. He penetrates through the force. The bumblebee pumps a small amount of poison into the body via the stinger. The pain is severe but brief. This is followed by swelling and the puncture site itchy for several hours to days. An allergic reaction occurs in only one percent.
In contrast to a bee sting, a bumblebee sting does not leave the sting in the skin. Of the 30 species, tree bumblebees are the most aggressive. They feel threatened if you get too close to their nest. Earth bumblebees, on the other hand, only react when you open their nest.
Treat insect bites
Mosquito bites itch, bee stings are painful. Treating an insect bite is therefore about relieving the itchiness and reducing the pain.
Relieve the pain after an insect bite: help from the pharmacy
How to do it:
- Remove at Bee stings first the sting from the puncture site.
- Cool the affected area, e.g. B. with cooling gels, pens or sprays. These help against the annoying itching and have a calming effect on the painful injection site.
Help with insect bites - our product tips:Soventol® Gel | Fenistil gel | AZARON® pen | DR. STORZ® ALOE VERA Gel | Autan® AKUT Gel
Home remedies for islet stings
Grandmother thinks of some insect bites Home remedies ready. The juice of savory or cabbage leaves, a fresh lemon, fresh horseradish, or a sliced onion are old home remedies to relieve pain. Ice cubes also promise quick help.
Tips for allergy sufferers: First aid for insect bites
- At allergic reactions treatment with appropriate medication is necessary.
- Various antiallergic drugs block the release of the messenger substance that causes allergy symptoms. The active ingredients belong to the typical antihistamines Cetirizine and Loratadine. They are often given in the form of tablets.
- In severe cases, treatment with adrenaline is possible. It helps against the massive drop in blood pressure and cardiac arrest by constricting the blood vessels.
- Insect venom allergy sufferers should generally have an emergency kit prescribed.
- The risk can be permanently reduced by immunotherapy, which lasts 3 to 5 years.
Help with insect bites - our product tips for allergy sufferers:Cetirizine HEXAL® in case of allergies | Loratadine®- ratiopharm 10 mg tablets
Prevent insect bites
The risk of being stung can be reduced by taking precautionary measures: Refrain from aggressive movements and avoid blossoms, windfalls, sweet drinks or meadows.
As a precaution, you can at least protect yourself from mosquito bites before going outdoors by Anti-mosquito sprays Instruct. Some act against ticks at the same time.
Prevent insect bites - our product tips: ANTI HUMM® FORTE pump sprayer | Autan® Protection plus pump spray | mosquito® protect mosquito repellent spray
Our reading tips: You can find further tips against annoying pests here: What to do if the tick bites? | Ticks in dogs
Our pages are for your information only and are not a substitute for diagnosis and treatment by the doctor.
For information on risks and side effects, read the package insert and ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Despite careful research and the use of reliable sources, errors can sometimes creep into our texts. Help us improve. Send information to: [email protected]
As of: May 18, 2020
For reasons of better legibility, the male form is used in the text for personal designations. It goes without saying, however, that the information relates to members of both sexes.
- 5G technology baffles people
- Have propane forklift batteries
- Why does RAM temporarily store data 1
- Why wood has a lower carbon footprint
- What are the spices in authentic hummus
- What is Osage Orange
- How do I start coding in Laravel
- Is there a website for diaper lovers in Indiana
- Why doesn't God destroy my narcissistic family
- When did illegal drugs save your life?
- Are all people afraid for something?
- What are the meditations for stress
- Landlords can enter your home
- What is Russia's strategy with regard to Afghanistan?
- Should Meghan Markle publicly deny her father
- Why is iodine purple in color
- Doctors test for diabetes during checkups
- When do you know your way around as a European?
- How do you keep yourself emotionally distant?
- Why are they doing corruption
- What is an airplane dispatcher
- What do we mean by dividend settlement?
- Use cruelty free makeup products
- Regrowth hair differently after chemotherapy
- What is the retirement age in Poland
- Who invented hematology
- How is SPIT CSE
- Work from Hom 20 Best Online Jobs
- Is related to Beyonce for Solange
- Why are my headphones not working
- Eye contact means love
- Artemis and Apollo got along
- How are good plants grown