Which join is faster in SQL
The join operation
An SQL query walks into a bar and sees two tables. He walks up to them and asks "Can I join you?"
- Source: Unknown
A join operation transforms data from a normalized model into a denormalized form that is needed for a specific task. Since it brings together scattered data fragments, the speed of a join operation is particularly sensitive to hard drive latencies. Again, careful indexing is the best way to improve response times. With a join, however, the correct indexing depends on which of the three common algorithms is used.
However, one thing applies equally to all join algorithms: They only process two tables at a time. A SQL join with several tables is carried out in stages: first two tables are joined, then the intermediate result with the next. And so on.
Although the order of the individual join operations has no influence on the end result, it still has an impact on performance. The optimizer therefore evaluates all variants with a cost value and ultimately selects the best order. However, this means that optimizing a complex query can itself become a performance problem. The more join operations there are, the more execution plan variants the optimizer has to evaluate - in mathematical terms: n! (Faculty). However, this is not a problem if you use bind parameters.
The more complex an SQL statement becomes, the more important bind parameters are.
Not using bind parameters is like recompiling a program every time.
- Why was Meek Mill in jail?
- Why is tianeptine uncomfortable at high doses
- How can I build a world
- What is Legal Temporary Residence
- How to choose a man for marriage
- How does a hydrocarbon migrate out of shale
- What software do professional rappers use
- Who can live without O2
- Is Christianity a healing religion
- Is it safe to shop with Paytm?
- Is Goku the fastest anime character
- People use less perfume these days
- Is black hole round or flat circle
- Why should we own electric vehicles
- Why is clinical depression painful
- How can I get some poison
- What do we call Instagram
- What is meant by multi-layer floor
- What is a computer proficiency test
- Can cats sleep in beds?
- How Much Vitamin E Do I Need
- Which antacid is good after meals
- Photos add credibility to fraud
- How do you sell your brand
- US presidents also don't take bribes
- How many domains are there in the network
- What is the formation of planets
- Why are leaves so expensive
- How can I increase the conversation rate dramatically
- How do you analyze and evaluate arguments
- Where can you find touch-sensitive screens
- What does the word jumping mean
- Why are exes blocking you