What did the dwarves usually eat?
Do you know how many dwarfs there are?
Exactly 239 dwarfs are hiding in the streets and alleys of Wroclaw (German: Breslau) and more are to come ...
In February I went on another trip. This time to Poland with three other volunteers: We were two Germans, one Spaniard and one Turkish woman.
It started in Budapest with the legendary Polskibus, of which we have heard a lot of stories. Unfortunately, the Polskibus also disappointed us and came an hour late. We then spent the night in the bus and arrived in Wroclaw in the morning.
Although a bit tired we made our way to the hostel. We were a little surprised there, because unlike in the typical hostels with bag packers from all over the world, we mainly met Polish men over 40 in sweatpants. We also shared a room with two of you. Finally we spent two days in Wroclaw with the jogging pants men.
The main attraction was, as mentioned above, the little dwarfs that are scattered all over the city. Originally the dwarfs were a symbol of the “orange alternative” in the 1980s, criticizing the communist regime in Poland, but nowadays they are used for tourist purposes.
Otherwise it is also a very beautiful city with many bridges and very nice corners. But I liked our next stop in Krakow even better. There we were also in a "normal" hostel, very cheap and very nice.
Here we took part in various free tours, all of which I can highly recommend: a street art tour, an old town tour and a macabre tour in the dark. I really liked the Jewish quarter and the old town, but the Wawel Castle is also very beautiful.
During our stay in Poland we of course also tasted traditional food and drinks, so we ate the Polish version of Maultaschen and I ordered Kompot in a pub and was laughed at because it is a non-alcoholic drink made from fruits and which you usually drink for lunch or children drink it. On the last day I finally drank it in a Polish restaurant.
Finally we went back to Hungary again at night with our new friend, the Polski Bus.
- How many cities does Croatia have
- How old are twelve-graders
- What happens when a baby eats cotton
- How is SPIT CSE
- What are the options for Schnauzer haircuts?
- What is the toughest course in India
- What do you mean by PCR
- Which is better soap or just water
- Is Goku the fastest anime character
- Which browsers support hardware acceleration under Linux?
- What are the best ecommerce SEO companies
- Can seal Naruto Saitama
- Can we control the lightning
- What are the meanest hip hop tracks
- How is AMITY Noida for BBA IB
- A positive drug test can be wrong
- Hillary Clinton wants stricter border security
- How much should a man learn
- What does Boris Johnson stand for?
- Why was Dollhouse canceled
- How is baking powder chemically prepared
- Why do bad people love their pets?
- Decaffeinated coffee has caffeine
- How is homebrew cared for?
- Is Moscow or Saint Petersburg safer?
- What do Buddhist monks do after noon
- How many 20s make $ 60
- What is the controversy about gay marriage
- Which companies are most interested in customer service?
- Are Scoopon Travel Deals good
- Why were you called a narcissist
- What does very olly oxen-free mean
- Why is self development important at work
- Has your border collie ever saved someone