What is industrial revolution 4 0 1
Industry 4.0 describes the intelligent networking of machines and processes in industry with the help of information and communication technology. There are many ways for companies to use intelligent networking. The possibilities include, for example:
- Flexible production: Many companies are involved in the manufacture of a product, and they contribute step by step to the creation of a product. Digitally networked, these steps can be better coordinated and the utilization of the machines can be better planned.
- Convertible factory: In the future, production lines will be built up in modules. They can be quickly assembled for a task. Productivity and profitability are improved, individualized products can be manufactured in small numbers at affordable prices.
- Customer-centered solutions: Consumer and producer are moving closer together. Customers can help design products according to their wishes - for example, elements of sneakers can be designed themselves and adapted to the individual foot shape. At the same time, smart products that have already been delivered and in use can send data to the producer. With the usage data, the producer can improve his products and offer the customer innovative services.
- Optimized logistics: Algorithms calculate ideal delivery routes, machines automatically report when they need new material - smart networking enables an optimal flow of goods.
- Use of data: Data on the production process and the condition of a product are brought together and evaluated. The data analysis provides information on how a product can be manufactured more efficiently. More importantly, it is the basis for completely new business models and services. For example, elevator manufacturers can offer their customers “predictive maintenance”: Elevators are equipped with sensors that continuously send data about their condition. Wear can be identified and corrected before it leads to elevator failure.
- Resource-saving circular economy: Products are viewed with the help of data over their entire life cycle. The form in which the materials can be recycled is already determined in the design.
Talking about Revolution: What's new about Industry 4.0?
Information technology moved into companies since the 1970s. Desktop PCs, the use of office IT and the first computer-aided automation revolutionized the industry. For Industry 4.0, the computer is not the central technology, but the Internet. With global networking across company or national borders, the digitization of production is gaining a new quality: The Internet of Things, machine-to-machine communication and production facilities that are becoming more and more intelligent are ringing in a new era - the fourth industrial revolution, Industry 4.0.
On the way to Industry 4.0: What still needs to be done?
Implementing Industry 4.0 is a complex project: the more processes digitized and networked the economy, the more interfaces arise between different actors. Uniform norms and standards for different industrial sectors, IT security and data protection play just as central a role as the legal framework, changes in education and work, the development of new business models and the necessary research. The experts at the Industry 4.0 platform deal with all of these topics in six working groups. The 2030 model for Industry 4.0 shows how the global, digital ecosystems of the future can be designed. It emphasizes sovereignty, interoperability and sustainability as central guard rails.
Digital transformation "Made in Germany": What role does the Industry 4.0 platform play?
The overriding goal of the Industry 4.0 platform is to secure and expand Germany's leading international position in the manufacturing industry. To this end, the participants in the platform discuss suitable and reliable framework conditions. As an initiator, moderator of different interests and ambassador, the Industry 4.0 platform ensures the pre-competitive exchange of all relevant actors from politics, business, science, trade unions and associations. The platform is one of the world's leading networks in the field of Industry 4.0.
The Industry 4.0 platform:
- Develops basic concepts in working groups on how challenges on the way to Industry 4.0 can be mastered
- gives concrete recommendations for action for science, companies and politics
- promotes national and international exchange through numerous bilateral and multilateral partnerships - especially in the areas of IT security and standardization
- How do you deal with analysis paralysis
- Why is Captain Morgan Rum so sweet
- What caused the famine
- Who was Paundraka Vasudeva in Mahabharat
- What hepatitis is curable
- Who is the youngest Linux kernel developer?
- What types of cells generate waste
- What is the cutoff for SIBM Pune
- Are renewable energy subsidies efficient?
- How does Google Analytics compare to Kissmetrics
- The stray capacity can be negative
- Chickenpox is a self-limiting disease
- How was JIPMER 2019
- How does Quora work for you 2
- Will strong legs help me run faster?
- Why do we call things homemade
- Are Upanishads one-sided philosophies and why
- Does the Chinese gender predictor work
- Wine attracts insects
- How to say affect in Portuguese
- Do not like citizens of Pakistan democracy
- What is K2
- How do you often say in Romanian
- What about the PRP treatment