What is a naked bike
The organizers of the “Naked Bike Ride 2020” want to point out bare facts in both senses of the word at the second edition of their bicycle demonstration in Cologne. The alliance of the Radkomm and Agora Cologne associations, the Green Youth and the “Climate Friends” in the city council, would like to draw attention to problems for cyclists in road traffic with the campaign, in which the participants should take part in as lightly dressed as possible. The Naked Bike Ride begins on July 2nd on Schaafenstrasse.
Know what is important in Cologne and what is important today in less than five minutes of reading time. This is what our daily newsletter "Stadt mit K" offers you.
Until 7 o'clock we deliver to youconveniently in your e-mail inbox from Monday to Fridayall current information for the day and also tell you everything important about the corona situation in Cologne.
As a newsletter subscriber, you will also receive regular exclusive information and stories. Everythingcompletely freeand can be ordered with just one click.
Try it! Register here.
“Even if the fun of cycling comes first on the day, the concern of the demo is all the more important. Because cycling, especially in Cologne, is dangerous, ”said Deniz Ertin from Agora on Monday at the presentation of the action, for which half a dozen half-naked activists did a few laps around the fountain on Ebertplatz.
"Other cities in North Rhine-Westphalia protect cyclists more consistently"
The possible dangers in road traffic are manifold and often associated with serious injuries or death. “Be it through large vehicles that cyclists cannot see or through confusing intersections and lanes.” The most recent tragic example of this in Cologne was an accident on Friesenplatz in mid-May, where a truck caught a 55-year-old woman turning. The cyclist suffered fatal injuries.
Arndt Klocke, the spokesman for transport policy and parliamentary group leader of the Greens in the Düsseldorf state parliament, believes it is unlikely that the participants' lack of clothing would bring less encouragement or even a superficial consideration of their serious concerns: "Other cities in North Rhine-Westphalia protect cyclists more consistently, Cologne has to be there improve ”, said the politician, who accompanied the demonstration, which had around 400 participants at the time, as early as 2019.
The Naked Bike Ride will roll on July 2nd from 6 p.m. from the corner of Schaafenstraße and Balduinstraße through Cologne, via Südstadt, Deutz Bahnhof and Heumarkt, the route leads to Ebertplatz. The motto: “As much textile as necessary, as little as possible.” Because German regulatory law does not allow you to ride a bike completely naked.
- How to go from Yemen to London
- What are some life cheat codes
- What is the plant pictured below
- What is quantum causality
- Should we be afraid of the future
- What is the most resistant material
- Can dogs hear bats ultrasound
- What are the benefits of learning Hindi
- Lord Krishna is a myth
- How to Study Australian Law
- How does the source code remain unchanged
- What is interconnection
- Where can you find good hacking skills
- How do I detox
- How does an irrigation system work
- How are good plants grown
- Where can I buy Digibyte in Australia
- What is the evolution of Design Thinking
- Why do people call dinosaurs animals
- Are fragmented memories a symptom of psychosis?
- What is the case for reincarnation
- Which successful startups were brought to life by doctors
- What is not normal
- Is it e-learning or e-learning