What is the difference between different browsers 1
What does a browser do?
In addition to HTML pages, web browsers can display various other types of documents. Web browsers represent the user interface for web applications.
Originally, the term, borrowed from English, denoted browse on the computer only the use of navigation elements (forward, backward, index etc.) to read texts or text files. This term was later expanded with the emergence of hypertext, in which one can select certain words that act as cross-references (also called "hyperlinks") in order to get to another text. Later on, functions for displaying images and so-called reference-sensitive graphics were added, in which one clicks on an area on a computer graphic (for example on a world map) and thus becomes a linked textpage (for example via a certain country). There are also PDF browsers for navigating and researching PDF books, magazines, treatises, etc., which can also contain hyperlinks and AV media.
After the browser has called up a certain URL (Internet address such as www.spiegel.de), it reads - in simplified form - a so-called HTML file on the target computer there. This is basically a pure text file, but it is subject to a certain syntax so that it can be read as such by the browser.
If the syntax is valid, in addition to text (also formatted), references to other URLs, graphics, videos, etc.pp. can be included in the html file. occur that the browser either displays directly or offers as a link.
In the end, the browser does nothing more than process a text file!
Unfortunately, the different browsers interpret the HTML files differently, so that the producer of a website never has ultimate certainty about whether his page will be displayed the same in every browser! Min. A web designer spends 30% of the development time on adapting the browser to the various interpretive characteristics! Therefore, in addition to learning the HTML syntax, good web design is largely dependent on experience!
|Browser family||Market share in percent|
- Is Dhoni Chennai Super Kings owner
- What is the status of a notary
- How does StartPage compare to DuckDuckGo
- Which universities in Melbourne offer BBA courses
- Like, some gym companies are seedy
- Which cryptos will Coinbase add and when
- What is to be understood by runtime polymorphism
- How does convection transfer energy
- What does cartel grunt Bagman mean
- How accurate is the GPS time
- How does consciousness create this world
- Will moving abroad help my loneliness
- What is Troublesome Market
- Will this laptop CS GO do just fine
- What is the most exciting futuristic technology
- Diabetes can be transmitted by blood transfusion
- What is ccus technology
- What is your favorite sandal
- How can gully erosion be controlled
- Why is C ++ used so often
- Which film is scary Insidious or Annabelle
- What does 60
- Why is it called Times Square
- Why is oxygen released from plants
- What is the best discount Firstcry coupons
- Could someone recommend good indie songs
- When will President Obama step down?
- Monosodium glutamate increases blood pressure
- Why do people like modernist brutalist architecture
- Who is a better finisher Aguero or Messi
- What are some Panda Express hacks
- Do I need help with writing a paper
- What are short and long columns
- What are behavior changes caused by stress