Anyone have experience of using alginate for abdominal impressions ????
|Written by Biankaline, 40th week of pregnancy on April 27, 2009, 10:35 a.m.|
I know most of them do that with plaster of paris.
But we wanted to have and be able to see all the details.
That is why we will use alginate for this.
This comes from medicine and is used for dental impressions.
Already used it to make the hand and foot of our big one 4 years ago and now an intimate impression of me for testing.
That looks great.
We'll only have to make it smoother for the stomach.,
That's why I wanted to know whether someone has experience of how thin or how the mixed ratio has to be.
Re: Anyone experienced using alginate for abdominal impressions ????
answer fromLoraley on April 27, 2009, 11:00 a.m.
Then what do you do with the print? Pour out? Alginate shrinks a lot and only retains its shape for a short time.
In addition, you need a larger amount for a stomach than for an upper jaw or even a child's hand.
The mixing ratio is on the package and you have to take exactly the prescribed amount, otherwise it will set too quickly or it will run away from you.
Take plaster bandages, then you have something of your belly print for longer .......
Re: Anyone have experience using alginate for abdominal impressions ????
answer fromEmily's mother, 11th week of pregnancy on April 27, 2009, 11:37 am
I am a dentist and can only agree with the previous speaker. Alginate should soon be poured out with plaster of paris. But this only works if there is a stable cover around the alginate! Otherwise it will be forgiven! Furthermore, you would have to mix and process a huge amount of alginate. That only works logistically, with a huge mixing bucket, etc. Individual mixtures do not combine with each other !!!
Silicone would be better but it is also very expensive!
If you want details, I would recommend regular, quick-setting plasterboard. How much you mix it with water should be tried. It should be pourable, but not too runny! It covers the entire abdomen and then supports the whole thing again with a layer of plaster bandages. Then you have a nice negative of your stomach. Insulate this inside well with Vaseline and then pour the whole thing out with plaster and let it dry loosely for 10 days (due to the large amount of plaster)
then you can solve the negative (but it breaks) but then you have (if everything was done correctly a perfect imitation belly in full plaster of paris. It worked fine for me, but I made several negatives to be on the safe side !!!! Attention the negatives should do not be too thin, otherwise there is a risk of breakage when pouring!
Have fun, Ivonne
answer fromBiankaline, 40th week of pregnancy on April 27, 2009, 11:50 am
Of course that will then be worked out.
With marble stucco.
The mixing ratio can be varied.
I've already tested it for an intimate impression, you don't make it as thick as with the jaw.
It goes something like this:
Alginate on it, let it set, plaster bandages to stabilize over it and then the negative form is worked out with marble stucco. Must happen immediately because alginate begins to shrink after a short time.
The amount of alginate I have should be enough .......
- How does metamorphosis develop in insects
- Home birds are allowed in student dormitories
- What does the IAS officer do
- Which is the strongest neuroscience or computer science
- Confidence decreases with age
- What are the best affordable bluetooth headphones
- What was the wildest party in history
- How likely are driving accidents in the amusement park
- Why does my dryer stop in the middle of the cycle
- What shocked you
- How does asthma develop in young children
- What screams I am Eastern European
- Is it true that Aussies are racists?
- How have the animals adapted
- What are some great Microsoft products
- What is the Marx view of religion
- How do you build a parabolic mirror
- Is vertical farming successful
- What is your favorite Greek cheese
- Marriage or children come first
- What is something that schools shouldn't teach, but should
- How is the CSU Fresno CS department
- What happens when the current transformer is saturated
- What's your biggest baseball memory
- What is Oasis Contriver Pvt Ltd.
- Are the answers in Quora politically biased?
- Expensive buildings are a waste of money
- How did Imgur hit the frog
- How was KIITEE 2019
- Urban Dictionary is worth a real word
- Where can I find hospitality marketing lists
- What if the Starks didn't leave Winterfell?
- Many white men prefer white BBW
- What were Albert Einstein's skills