How can you cut DNA
Short single strands of DNA used to trace DNA sequences. They are provided with a marker molecule (e.g. fluorescent dye, ...) that enables them to be found later.
Are bacterial enzymes that can cut DNA at very defined positions (base sequences).
They are also known as restriction endonucleases. They are used by bacteria to defend themselves against viral DNA.
Examples: EcoRI; HindIII, BamHI
Sticky ends are short single-stranded ends (sticky ends) of a DNA double-stranded molecule that are created by cutting a DNA with appropriate restriction enzymes or by synthesis (then referred to as “linkers”). They can be stored together and stabilized via H-bridges.
A palindrome (gr. Running backwards) in genetics is a DNA sequence that shows the same base sequence on both strands of a DNA double strand in one direction (for example 5'-3 '). Many restriction enzymes have a palindrome as a recognition and cutting sequence.
"Vehicle" that transfers DNA into a cell (e.g. a plasmid, a virus ...)
An enzyme that binds strands of DNA together. For example, it links the DNA fragments associated with sticky ends and hydrogen bonds to form a circular plasmid.
The process by which naked DNA is introduced into ready-to-receive bacterial cells.
This is the name given to an artificial DNA molecule that has been reassembled with the help of genetic engineering methods - cutting with restriction enzymes and assembly using sticky ends and ligases. The generated DNA can come from different organisms.
Marker genes (markers)
This usually describes short, precisely localizable DNA sequences in a larger DNA molecule. These can also be complete genes that are used to select and identify those cells that have been successfully recombined.
Example: ampicillin resistance gene; β-galactosidase gene
Suggested solution: Download [pdf] [185 KB]
Suggested solution: Download [doc] [26 KB]
Suggested solution: Download [docx] [18 KB]
- What is the largest trans-Neptunian object
- Which Disney ride has the best music
- How did scout cookies become popular?
- What are the possible outcomes of effective listening
- Where do people watch movies these days
- When should I start investing money?
- Urban Dictionary is worth a real word
- Why accept failure when success is free
- The opera Carmen is popular in Spain
- How do the Russians see the Soviet Union
- Is Tune Up on iTunes a virus
- What is your ambition for the future
- How exactly are network protocols implemented
- What are cellophane flowers
- Who was Eduard Bagritsky
- Coffee lowers the sugar content
- What is Mike Tyson doing these days
- What disease makes hair grow faster
- Ecommerce development services from our experienced developers
- How was Washington State during segregation
- What is the most popular Hungarian holiday
- Why are natural resources limited
- What about the PRP treatment
- That's a lot of 1000 Instagram followers
- How many types of machines are there
- How does the lethal injection work
- Will the GDPR kill all sellers
- What do you think of Kylie Jenner
- SiteGrounds TTFB is slow
- Where was the Battle of Winterfell filmed
- What food does the Indian army eat
- How do I manage AsyncTask in Android
- What online games are trending this year