Like Lotus Notes to Outlook format
IBM Lotus Notes and Outlook are business email clients that integrate email messaging, social collaboration platforms, calendars, task managers, and web browsing in one easy-to-use environment. An e-mail client or e-mail reader is software belonging to the collaborative platform category that is used to access and manage user e-mail. Lotus Notes uses the Notes Storage Facility (NSF) format to store emails and Outlook uses the Personal Storage Table (PST) format to store emails. The conversion from Lotus Notes to Outlook is required because Outlook does not support the NSF format. This article describes steps to convert the NSF file to PST format manually.
Reasons for Switching from Lotus Notes to Outlook
- Outlook has a very easy to use interface that even a non-technical person can understand; where Lotus Notes can only be used if the user has technical knowledge.
- The user can log into Outlook with multiple accounts at the same time, with Lotus Notes requiring a separate login for each account.
- Outlook is easy to maintain compared to Lotus Notes.
- Lotus cannot be integrated with other devices such as Skype and Smart Phones.
Methods for converting NSF to PST are as follows
- Use manual method.
- Use the professional NSF to PST Convert
Using the manual method for converting Lotus Notes to Outlook
Using Domino Access for Microsoft Outlook (DAMO) manually - Notes Connector emails are migrated from IBM Lotus Notes to Outlook. Download DAMO to connect Lotus Notes to Outlook. If you are not an administrator, DAMO cannot be downloaded because IBM does not provide it as a standalone downloadable product.
Follow the steps to install Lotus Domino Access for Microsoft Outlook (DAMO) and convert Lotus Notes to Outlook:
System requirements for downloading DAMO:
1) Operating system support: Windows XP or Windows Vista.
2) Hardware requirements:
- Processors: Intel Pentium or higher and compatible (32-bit or 64-bit).
- R.A.M: At least 512 MB of RAM.
- Hard disk space: At least 1.5 GB of hard disk space per partition
3) Domino Server 7.0.1 or higher.
4) The hierarchical name of the Domino mail server must be known.
5) The copy of the Notes ID file with user ID and password must be retained.
6) Set Outlook as the default email client.
Follow the given steps to install DAMO
- Run the DAMO setup. The welcome screen opens. Then click Next to go to the next step.
- Check the box to accept the terms of the license agreement.
- Enter your name and the name of your organization in the fields.
- Click the Next button to install the software in the default path of the installation directory.
- Note: To change the location of the software, click Change and enter the directory path. Then click Next.
- In the Custom Setup, select the features that the user wants to install.
- Select "Lotus Domino Access for Microsoft Outlook" in the "Select the features you want to install" section and click Next to continue.
- Click Install. When the installation is complete, set up DAMO.
To set up DAMO, follow the given steps:
- The installation window will indicate that the installation is complete and follow the next step.
- Welcome window Opens, fill in the network information of the Domino server:
- Name and Domino server hierarchical name. Click Next to continue.
- Enter the IP address of the server if the server cannot find the server by the server name.
- Specify the location of the Notes ID file if the Notes ID file does not exist on the Domino server. After that, the user has to enter the password and click OK. Then the window for the initial setup opens.
- In the window that appears, click Yes to create a cross-certificate and click the Finish button.
- When the demo setup is complete, quit Outlook to complete the process.
- Restart Outlook, select your MAPI profile and enter the password in the window that appears.
- You will now receive a welcome e-mail from the system administrator with the subject line: “Welcome to IBM Lotus Domino Access for Microsoft Outlook!” ”
If the selected Domino MAPI profile is not displayed, a Domino MAPI profile will be recreated.
To re-create the Domino MAPI profile, do the following:
- Go to Control Panel -> Mail --—> Email Accounts.
- Select and remove your Domino Mail MAPI profile.
- Run the DAMO setup again.
- Select the ‘Change’ option.
The manual method of migrating emails to PST format is simple and easy to implement.
Disadvantages of the manual method of migrating Lotus Notes to Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013
- Problem with missing attachments or emails.
- Expensive set-up costs.
- This method supports Outlook 2003/2002.
- Long process.
- Time consuming method.
- Risk of data loss.
Using the professional NSF to PST conversion tool
The manual conversion method is slow and tedious, and there is a risk of data loss. Therefore, the conversion program NSF to PST is used as an alternative. Advantages of using professional tools:
- Fast conversion process
- User-friendly control panel.
- Support of mass migration of Lotus Notes emails to PST format.
To visit more now: https://www.exportnotes.com
Published by Justin Hansen
I am working as a Data Analyst for a big MNC. Apart from this, I am a professional blogger and love to write about technology blogs. View all posts by Justin Hansen
- What tragic films never make you cry
- 1 is an integer
- How do data breaches affect consumers?
- Which stock exchanges in India support Bitcoin Gold
- How do I prepare the curriculum for the GATE exam
- Why are there tiny particles in space?
- What does IP mean in the internet
- Why do landlords tend to be rude
- Which font is used for the Quora logo
- What does the shopify Basic Store cost
- Himalayan baby products contain mineral oil
- How to become a MS Access programmer
- Why are interfaces sometimes declared within classes
- What's the healthiest way to brew coffee
- Why do cats love snow
- What do you dislike about slang
- What is a didgeridoo made of
- Are there really goblins
- Bonds are kept less volatile until maturity
- What's your favorite college football team
- What does an initialized array element hold?
- Will machines ever become aware
- Some military tried to use pelicans
- How do you reduce food waste
- Which language is best suited for parallel programming
- How do you buy text links
- Will climate change be resolved before 2030
- Who was Louis Ginsberg
- How likely is an intestinal wall perforation repairable?
- Is multiphase sleep bad
- How do we relax after graduation?
- How's the parking in Hilo HI
- How is homebrew cared for?
- Why are people not emotionally peaceful